Recap on salsa violence

August 1, 2008 § 3 Comments

This post seemed necessary after last nights party. If you remember, a few months ago I wrote about a campaign called “Stop salsa violence”, which was started by Tajana from Croatian Salsoteca. We were happy to hear we even got some support over the world. 🙂
Now back to yesterday… I swear I got stepped on, bumped, hit, smashed, splashed at least 15 times. And I’m not talking about innocent little bumps that get forgotten after a sincere ‘I’m sorry’… I’m talking about those sharp, pointed heels that almost come through your foot or they peel the skin of your ankle. Ouch yes! It was painful and to top it, I got walked over by men as well (not that that is something new 😉 ). There are many reasons why I stopped wearing heels at parties: first cause I want to dance comfortable, cause I feel more stable with whole feet on the ground and because it’s environmental friendly! Like I already suggested ladies – if you do wear heels, don’t step on whole foot, when stepping back! As for guys – don’t just impress your partner and the audience by performing all salsa moves you know, impress them with the feel and care for your partner. So, watch where you’re leading her and stay aware of your surroundings. I know the dancefloor gets too tight often, so adjust to that. Make everything small… Less is more! (eh, starting to repeat myself…)
But it felt good to let it out 🙂
I think,.. if I was to organise a salsa party… dresscode would be: HEELLESS! 😉

Advertisements

Tagged:

§ 3 Responses to Recap on salsa violence

  • salsagigolo says:

    Reading your post, it’s not too clear whether you’re upset at those people who stepped on you, the other leaders on the dance floor, or the leader you were dancing with.

    As a salsa gigolo, if my partner gets stepped on by someone else, 99% of the time, it is mostly my fault, for not watching out for her safety. The other 1% of the time, it is mostly the other leader’s fault for leading wildly.

    In other words, if anyone gets stepped on, 100% of the time, it is the leaders’ fault. Blame the leaders, especially the ones you are dancing with, not the salseras or their silhouette-enhancing heels :).

  • […] the folks at Salsa Croatia ». I first learned of this campaign from Irena Pfundner’s post, “Recap on salsa violence” », from her blog, Dulcelocura06’s Weblog […]

  • Irena Pfundner says:

    I guess I’m upset at the consequence and searching for the reason. But now that you have told me I can always blame the leader it makes it so much easier 🙂

    Thank you very much for your support and opinion Salsa gigolo. I’m happy to see salsa unites people form all over the world (and that we share same problems on the dancefloor). Hope you will make it to Slovenia some day …

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

What’s this?

You are currently reading Recap on salsa violence at I dance for me!.

meta

%d bloggers like this: