March 6, 2010 § 3 Comments
Hehe,… ok yes, this was cute… and a bit funny. My ex dancing partner – the one i’ve been dancing with, when we were 10 years old, is about to become famous. And naturally, media have to dig deep into his past to find something interesting about him. I suppose if a guy did ballroom is interesting enough and if the rules are as stiff as they were in our “era” it can become even funny – I’m talking about the stupid white socks, ridiculous haircuts etc. 😉 So, we made a short interview… and relived the special childhood moments. It’s nice to go back actually… 🙂
Though it’s fair to say, that Peter Poles’s highschool haircut still wins on the scale of most funny childhood moments in this clip. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Vodpod videos no longer available.
June 19, 2009 § Leave a comment
One year passes really quickly. Although in that period a lot of things usually happen, lots of new stuff we learn, many new people we meet and experience some really good and some really bad moments. Being dancoholics or simply just loving to learn new dances, we usually grow in that field as well. It may be just a hobby, but it’s a fun one. Nobody is unhappy while dancing, dance is like a medicine when we’re moody, like a radio when we’re happy and always in the reach of the hand. 🙂 So I am most happy to see so many people participate in the end-of-year production of Buba, sports and recreation centre from Ljubljana. We saw 15 different shows, everything from salsa, to swing, ballroom dances, oriental and some more professional shows.
It was a great pleasure to perform in that cast and I loooved to perform my favorite routine “Shadows” with Dulce Locura.
Here’s a movie of some of the performances:
December 31, 2008 § 2 Comments
Wow,.. Klub CD (in a very traditional cultural venue of Ljubljana – Cankarjev dom) is the best place for salsa parties. The atmosphere is absolutely phenomenal and just the fact the party was sold out days before, gives you an approximate feeling on how much people like and want to attend it. The welcome drink and champaigne at midnight made it a bit more personal and holidaylike, while the show program gave a special touch to it.
We (performers) were all a bit dissapointed due to some technical problems with some of our shows (music went it’s own way from time to time) but overall all performers had fun on stage.
I have to dedicate this article to a new performance of Dulce Locura, which was this time performed only as a duo. Maja and me wanted to bring something new and fresh on Slovene salsa scene.. and we wanted to show more than 1-2-3, 5-6-7 count dancing. We did this lyrical stuff, which was meant to fit in the category of latin jazz. So we added some bachata, tango and chacha moves to jazz and contemporary feeling. The song we chose is very strong itself, so our dancing wanted to show a story as well (that’s why it’s lyrical 🙂 ).
The story is not complicated, but I think it relates to all of us. Each and every one of us carries some shadows (or is followed by them), which have different effects on our lives. Some go by very unnoticed, some complicate our lives to an extrem, but with some we just learn to get by and live with. So this is our life story and a message, harmony makes everything so much easier. We strongly hope the show will touch even more people and we promise to keep up with our work, to grow even further and bring new stories, styles and experiences on the stage. We love this art and luckily we are starting to understand it. 🙂
Happy New Year to all faithful readers!! This show is dedicated to you, we did it with great passion and determination.
We’ll be seeing you in January 2009. Lots of warm wishes, hugs and kisses to all!
October 16, 2008 § 2 Comments
Well, what’s there to say… With a few-days delay I can slowly start gathering my impressions. It was simply superb! From parties, to classes, to socializing … Thanx to all that came and made my weekend! 🙂
To start with, I guess it’s most appropriate to say Dulce Locura premiered their new show. We worked our asses and will of course keep improving it ;)… but this time we finally came out with salsa… or salsa musicality… whichever you want. Here’s the clip:
Now, let’s sum up the best classes, shows etc.:
– Supermario and Susana Montero were sold out of course (meaning their classes were full) … and completely justified, cause they have the best teaching methods, great ideas and most of all amazing energy!
– Orville and Sabrina did some crazy tricks, the master class was too challenging even to the best social dancers on the scene!!
– Loved Nemanja’s classes,… I mostly respect people who know a lot of dance theory, present it in an entertaining way and make you understand the dance. And I did the son!! Yeeey… (thank you, thank you) 🙂
– Israel was in his own element, giving fun workout classes 😉
– The most spectacular shows of course were form Salsation group. That is showmaking… Entertaining, synchronized,.. simply WOW!
– We saw some premiers as well, from Dado and Conny (putting a show together in two weeks – hat down), Talal and Maria (Talal doing a partnerwork show,… nice, nice.. :))… The belly dancers were hot and sexy of course..
– We also had the two World championship qualifiers: Evgeni&Lili and Gil&Anke… You can see they train and work hard. Both are very explosive, tight, musical, have the attitude, really great. We’ll be crossing fingers for you guys… and congratulations for the qualifications. Many may not know, but that is really hard to win!
– Oh, let’s not forget: the DJs were great! Good music selection… the Indian people even got some bachata 😉
Side-effects of the festival:
– … besides being burned out, blistered and heavenly happy 🙂 …
– The myth is confirmed: Sunday night parties ARE the best!! Why? Hm,.. maybe cause instructors totally relax, act like kids and all,… cause everybody is warmed up, has improved its dancing and cause we all just want to catch the last moments of the weekend.
– We missed salseros and fans on Friday night party, … Saturday was packed though!
– Apparently the food in Slovenia is shitty and the safest food is McDonald’s… right….
– I wasn’t able to attend the afterparty (everyone has his limits I guess), but I heard it was good .. lasted till 7am! Crazy people.
For everything else, the aftermovie shall be made. Don’t miss it. Cause I have a feeling it might be fun! 😉 And if you missed the festival this year, don’t do the same mistake next year. October 2009, here we come!
October 6, 2008 § Leave a comment
Oh, we are working hard… very hard… Dulce Locura girls are getting ready for Salsa Power Festival, which starts this Friday! You’ll see them at the Welcome party in the show program that starts at 22h (this year with the seating arrangement)! 😉
Let’s see how our hard work looks like:
We have to think.
We have some fun.
We get tired, once in a while.
And we always try to reach quality. 🙂 🙂
See ya on Friday!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
September 11, 2008 § Leave a comment
Hehe,… yep.. this doesn’t sound compatible really,… but the match was made. Past Saturday Dulce Locura performed on Zdravko Čolić’s concert. 🙂 Believe it or not, this matchmaking had quite a few positive consequences.. like per example the audience on this kind of a concert is every performers dream come true, the sound is perfect, the lights are great, you get media attention… So you know what? If Zdravko needs us again, we’ll be there! 🙂 🙂 He’s a great guy, the girls say… and well, it’s not his fault he has to sing some of those songs, right 😉
February 17, 2008 § 9 Comments
I had a loooong sleep today 🙂 Yes well… it was a fun event yesterday. Talal gave us some incredible classes – we really really enjoyed them. The partnerwork with spins in a completely different directions then we’re used to do it, footwork in fastforward motion and some spices of dancing on 2. Enzo and Ivana, newcomers in Slovenia, showed us more about cuban dancing, which is not that common in Slovenia, and showed some heavy acrobatic moves. I admit I did not event want to try them?!
In the evening we all gathered in Festivalna dvorana. DJ Jose and Principe played the music till late night, we danced till we got blisters again and we saw (and gave) some hot performance.
For the time being I will only publish the performance of Dulce Locura. We decided to combine dancing with LIVE singing. 🙂 Festivalna dvorana seemed a nice hall to entertain the audience with both activities and since we don’t see that in salsa parties very often, I think the surprise effect was achieved. 😉
Other clips will be posted shortly: coming up Enzo&Ivana, Talal and Shayala’s belly dancers.