December 31, 2008 § 2 Comments
Wow,.. Klub CD (in a very traditional cultural venue of Ljubljana – Cankarjev dom) is the best place for salsa parties. The atmosphere is absolutely phenomenal and just the fact the party was sold out days before, gives you an approximate feeling on how much people like and want to attend it. The welcome drink and champaigne at midnight made it a bit more personal and holidaylike, while the show program gave a special touch to it.
We (performers) were all a bit dissapointed due to some technical problems with some of our shows (music went it’s own way from time to time) but overall all performers had fun on stage.
I have to dedicate this article to a new performance of Dulce Locura, which was this time performed only as a duo. Maja and me wanted to bring something new and fresh on Slovene salsa scene.. and we wanted to show more than 1-2-3, 5-6-7 count dancing. We did this lyrical stuff, which was meant to fit in the category of latin jazz. So we added some bachata, tango and chacha moves to jazz and contemporary feeling. The song we chose is very strong itself, so our dancing wanted to show a story as well (that’s why it’s lyrical 🙂 ).
The story is not complicated, but I think it relates to all of us. Each and every one of us carries some shadows (or is followed by them), which have different effects on our lives. Some go by very unnoticed, some complicate our lives to an extrem, but with some we just learn to get by and live with. So this is our life story and a message, harmony makes everything so much easier. We strongly hope the show will touch even more people and we promise to keep up with our work, to grow even further and bring new stories, styles and experiences on the stage. We love this art and luckily we are starting to understand it. 🙂
Happy New Year to all faithful readers!! This show is dedicated to you, we did it with great passion and determination.
We’ll be seeing you in January 2009. Lots of warm wishes, hugs and kisses to all!
December 25, 2008 § Leave a comment
In the last month we were overflodded with Christmas parties… of course… It’s that time of the year. 🙂 Tonight we’ll be having the last one for this year, I think. In the organisation of sports and recreation center BU-BA, Salsa christmas party will take place in Klub CD (Cankarjev Dom in Ljubljana), starting at 21h. Naturally, you will be able to see some shows (including Dulce Locura!!!), you’ll get a free welcome drink, midnight champaigne etc. Since the tickets are sold out, I guess it should turn out quite ok 🙂
This month all slovenian salsa dance schools organized their Christmas parties.. and just to get you in the feeling of how that looks like.. on the dancefloor.. here’s an example from Bolero’s salsa party:
Hehe… guys,… with all those girls… you still have to dance with eachother?! 😉 🙂
C u all tonight!
October 16, 2008 § 2 Comments
Well, what’s there to say… With a few-days delay I can slowly start gathering my impressions. It was simply superb! From parties, to classes, to socializing … Thanx to all that came and made my weekend! 🙂
To start with, I guess it’s most appropriate to say Dulce Locura premiered their new show. We worked our asses and will of course keep improving it ;)… but this time we finally came out with salsa… or salsa musicality… whichever you want. Here’s the clip:
Now, let’s sum up the best classes, shows etc.:
– Supermario and Susana Montero were sold out of course (meaning their classes were full) … and completely justified, cause they have the best teaching methods, great ideas and most of all amazing energy!
– Orville and Sabrina did some crazy tricks, the master class was too challenging even to the best social dancers on the scene!!
– Loved Nemanja’s classes,… I mostly respect people who know a lot of dance theory, present it in an entertaining way and make you understand the dance. And I did the son!! Yeeey… (thank you, thank you) 🙂
– Israel was in his own element, giving fun workout classes 😉
– The most spectacular shows of course were form Salsation group. That is showmaking… Entertaining, synchronized,.. simply WOW!
– We saw some premiers as well, from Dado and Conny (putting a show together in two weeks – hat down), Talal and Maria (Talal doing a partnerwork show,… nice, nice.. :))… The belly dancers were hot and sexy of course..
– We also had the two World championship qualifiers: Evgeni&Lili and Gil&Anke… You can see they train and work hard. Both are very explosive, tight, musical, have the attitude, really great. We’ll be crossing fingers for you guys… and congratulations for the qualifications. Many may not know, but that is really hard to win!
– Oh, let’s not forget: the DJs were great! Good music selection… the Indian people even got some bachata 😉
Side-effects of the festival:
– … besides being burned out, blistered and heavenly happy 🙂 …
– The myth is confirmed: Sunday night parties ARE the best!! Why? Hm,.. maybe cause instructors totally relax, act like kids and all,… cause everybody is warmed up, has improved its dancing and cause we all just want to catch the last moments of the weekend.
– We missed salseros and fans on Friday night party, … Saturday was packed though!
– Apparently the food in Slovenia is shitty and the safest food is McDonald’s… right….
– I wasn’t able to attend the afterparty (everyone has his limits I guess), but I heard it was good .. lasted till 7am! Crazy people.
For everything else, the aftermovie shall be made. Don’t miss it. Cause I have a feeling it might be fun! 😉 And if you missed the festival this year, don’t do the same mistake next year. October 2009, here we come!
October 6, 2008 § Leave a comment
Oh, we are working hard… very hard… Dulce Locura girls are getting ready for Salsa Power Festival, which starts this Friday! You’ll see them at the Welcome party in the show program that starts at 22h (this year with the seating arrangement)! 😉
Let’s see how our hard work looks like:
We have to think.
We have some fun.
We get tired, once in a while.
And we always try to reach quality. 🙂 🙂
See ya on Friday!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
September 11, 2008 § Leave a comment
Hehe,… yep.. this doesn’t sound compatible really,… but the match was made. Past Saturday Dulce Locura performed on Zdravko Čolić’s concert. 🙂 Believe it or not, this matchmaking had quite a few positive consequences.. like per example the audience on this kind of a concert is every performers dream come true, the sound is perfect, the lights are great, you get media attention… So you know what? If Zdravko needs us again, we’ll be there! 🙂 🙂 He’s a great guy, the girls say… and well, it’s not his fault he has to sing some of those songs, right 😉
June 20, 2008 § Leave a comment
America had a rough night yesterday. The pressure and feeling that somebody will have to leave the show, is not too pleasant. The results show started with amazing group routine choreographed by Shane Sparks.
Then came the results. People voted and Cat Deeley revealed 3 bottom couples from Top 18 show. Here are the names and links to their performances (the ones they were judged on):
– Chelsea & Thayne (I hope it wasn’t because of their costumes)
– Susie & Marquis (they danced SALSA, but as a latin dancer Susie got a lot of critiques)
– Comfort & Chris (Cat was holding up a sign, saying Chris is not a tree… well, see for yourself :))
Each of the bottom dancers had to perform solo to save their life. After a short brake judges have reached the decision and eliminated Susie and Marquis. That salsa was obviously not good enough. Since we are salsa dancers let’s think about it – was that really that bad? No, especially when you think they only have a few hours to get the choreography, synchronize and perform it. This is just a proof of how tough this competition really is. The judges and people are getting stricter each year, but on the other hand, the dancers are getting better as well.
Dancing production in BU-BA
If we move from States to Slovenia, just a quick info, that yesterday BU-BA had it’s own ‘We think we can dance show’. 😉 A yearly production, where all students perform and show what they have learned in past year. The evening was packed with shows. We had a lot of salsa groups, swing dancers, sexy belly dancers, new rising star La luna dance group. In addition, Dulce locura performed the Sway routine again and, believe or not, after a looong break, BU-BA show team appeared with a new show! Crazy ha,.. well, I’ll try to put some clips on asap, till than enjoy the real So you think you can dance 😉
February 17, 2008 § 9 Comments
I had a loooong sleep today 🙂 Yes well… it was a fun event yesterday. Talal gave us some incredible classes – we really really enjoyed them. The partnerwork with spins in a completely different directions then we’re used to do it, footwork in fastforward motion and some spices of dancing on 2. Enzo and Ivana, newcomers in Slovenia, showed us more about cuban dancing, which is not that common in Slovenia, and showed some heavy acrobatic moves. I admit I did not event want to try them?!
In the evening we all gathered in Festivalna dvorana. DJ Jose and Principe played the music till late night, we danced till we got blisters again and we saw (and gave) some hot performance.
For the time being I will only publish the performance of Dulce Locura. We decided to combine dancing with LIVE singing. 🙂 Festivalna dvorana seemed a nice hall to entertain the audience with both activities and since we don’t see that in salsa parties very often, I think the surprise effect was achieved. 😉
Other clips will be posted shortly: coming up Enzo&Ivana, Talal and Shayala’s belly dancers.